Awards & Competitions
FlexYostyle in house progression system.
We help the students learn by progressing them to the next level of FlexYoStyle. There are 3 levels in each group. At the end of each term we use the last class to assess the students progress. This helps build the students confidence and ability. It is also a great way to show the parent what their child is learning.
- Minis Age 4-6 - Level 1 - Beginner,
- Minis Age 4-6 - Level 2 - Advanced
- Minis Age 4-6 - Level 3 - Elite
- Juniors Age 7-10 - Level 1 -Beginner
- Juniors Age 7-10 - Level 2 - Advanced
- Juniors Age 7-10- Level 3 - Elite
- Seniors Age 11-15 - Level 1 - Beginner
- Seniors Age 11-15 - Level 2 - Advanced
- Seniors Age 11-15- Level 3 - Elite
What ultra flex is not :)
- Expensive, no extra extra classes and trips : Some dance schools have many competitions around the country that brings many extra costs to parents travel, costumes and entry fees. We are affordable for everybody, not spending 1000's on costumes and travel.
- UltraFlex is not a competitive school because I don’t want to put extra financial pressure on parents and families. We do an in-house competition awards dance event to give the kids a taste of competition in a fun & friendly environment where they can learn to support each other.
Once a year we hold a an inter school in house dance celebration & competition with all UltraFlex students. This helps create healthy competition in a fun and friendly environment without too much expense.
Why we have an in house competition?
We believe having an in house competition helps build a competition mindset & confidence without having high extra expense for parents. We believe a competition mindset helps the student develop the following.
- Preparation before hand, getting organised, outfit ready, grooming themselves, pride in their appearance.
- Overcoming fear and focusing on taking part is enough and being rewarded for taking part.
- When their adrenaline is high to bring it back down, breath and dance in the moment.
- Teaching them to manage fear- Facing fears.
- Stand in front of people-confidence.
- To remember the moves - Memory & Concentration.
- To learn how to combine movements - Commitment to attending classes.
- To not run off the floor - Courage , been brave.
- To feel proud of themselves - Self praise and the praise of fellow students, family & Friends.
- Happy for their friends - Sence of achievement. You have done it!
- Receiving an award - Gratitude.
What is ultra flex
- Ultra-flex is a school of dance, that helps build confidence in children through movement, helps them kindle fun, laughter and friendship on a weekly basis.
- We help the children build muscle balance, strength, posture and a strong core that prepares them for other activities and a fit body for later in life.
- To help them develop a growth mindset, visualize goals and achieve personal goals. Learning by doing, confidence through action.
- To support others and how to ask for help.
- They learn team building, to be a team player, stage confidence and body confidence, loving themselves, having fun, making friends, learning new skills.
- I want to help them be in the present, be in the now, teach them how to be present in what they are doing and why they are there.
- Today kids want to hop from one thing to another, there is less natural play time and movement time.
- We want to help them reconnect with themselves and not be adrenaline junkies in our busy world of today, to help them have the skills they need when grown up to be happy, confident and fit.
- This is a one stop shop for kids for confidence, happiness and movement.
- Our school wants to help your child connect with who they are, be themselves, with the right balance of dance, relaxation, mini meditation, mindful movement. We call this FlexYostyle